Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Utah Book Author Event: Dressing the Naked Hand by Amy White, Mark Pulham and Dallin Blankenship



I went to another author/book event last week! These three authors/puppeteers have been working on this book forever! And it finally came out this summer. To celebrate, they put on a puppet show for the kids at Orem Library and showed them how it all works.


I haven't read the book yet, but I understand it's the ultimate book on all things puppetry. If you've ever wanted to learn how or to get involved in this art, this book is IT! There's even a DVD included!

Two of these three authors work at the library and I can tell you that they are experts in this field and know what they are talking about. And the shows they put on are so funny. The one they did this particular evening was a Star Wars spoof. Very funny for the kids, but even more so for the adults because they actually got all the plays on words!  Awesome.

Here are a few pictures I took.



Amy White
Enthralled kids

Mark Pulham

Dallin Blankenship

If you or your kids are into puppets, you should totally get your hands (your not so naked one!) on this book!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun event. I wish I could've gone. I love puppet masters! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails