Sunday, August 2, 2015

Pondering Reading Habits



I was tagged by Jenni Elyse to do this one!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

The couch in the living room (or piano room as we call it) and my bed. Pretty much just those two places. BUT, I have dreams about creating an outside space for reading. Maybe that will come true some day. I did create a library space, and it's turned out great for books, but not so great for actual reading.

2. Do you use a bookmark or a random piece of paper?

Usually a bookmark, but paper if I can't find one fast enough.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain amount of pages?

I can just stop. If I have to. But chapter breaks are good. However, if the author has done their job, even chapter breaks are too hard to stop at. And then I stop at a more boring part in the middle of one. Yeah, it doesn't bother me to stop anywhere.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

Not usually. But if candy happens to be around, that's always good. So hopefully it's not around much.

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?

Not on purpose. If music and/or TV is on but I'm not doing the watching or listening, I can read. If someone happens to turn Gilmore Girls on, then it's over. I can't read while that show is on no matter how many times I've seen it! Music doesn't bother me at all. I can do anything to music. It's my super power.

6. Do you read one book at a time or several at once?

Several. Sort of . One that I'm concentrating one, others on the edges. Make sense?

7. Do you prefer to read at home or anywhere?

I prefer home, but I can mostly sort of read anywhere. Now... I can read while music is on, but it's hard for me to, say, read while waiting for stuff... unless I'm in the car. Then all is well. But usually, I get distracted by people watching otherwise. Or being nervous, depending on what I'm waiting for.

8. Do you read out loud or silently?

Why would I ever read out loud? Strange question. I mean, I guess if I was reading to someone else, but that hasn't happened for years!

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?

Are you kidding me? No way Jose. I might skim. I might flip pages. But I'd never actually SKIP them.

10. Do you break the spine or keep it like new?

Somewhere in the middle? I don't break it on purpose, but if I read a book, it probably looks like it's been read when I'm done. Know what I mean?

11. Do you write in your books?

Nope. But as I've said before, sometimes I wish I could. I think it would be a cool thing to leave for re-reads, or the next reader. I don't know.

Want to participate in this survey? Consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing as far as reading multiple books at the same time. I almost always have an audio book going but I only listen to that in the car; I always have one on my nightstand that I read for a little bit before I go to sleep. But I always have the main book that I'm dragging around with me every where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on reading multiple books at a time a few years ago. I like it much better, but I'm sure I'll switch back again in a few years when one kid is out of the house.

    In our new house, I am plotting a library that will contain nothing but bookshelves and cozy reading spaces, complete with a window seat. I am really looking forward to it and will be making sure everything is comfy, comfy, comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wet have a lot of the same reading habits. Except music. I can't focus with music on. I can read with the tv on though. Weird huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you tagged everyone basically. And, I don't find your reading habits boring at all. :) It was interesting to find these things out about you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails