Thursday, June 25, 2015

Trip Books

Cool image of Europe!


Before heading out on the trip, I looked up some books that are set in some of the places we'll be travelling to. While I didn't have time to actually read these books, I added some to my hope to read someday list. I thought maybe you'd like to see the list. Some of these I have already read, and totally enjoyed.


Southern France

Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Madam Will You Talk by Mary Stewart
Chocolat by Joanne Harris


Florence Italy

Passion of Artemisia by Susan Vreeland
Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
Galileo's' Daughter by Dava Sobel
The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone
The Light in the Piazza by Elizabeth Spencer

Rome

I, Claudius by Robert Graves
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
The First Man in Rome by Colleen McCullough

Munich

The Book Thief!! (Guys I totally forgot this until... like... later. Gasp!)
Sophie Scholl and the White Rose by Annette Dumbach
The Dawn of Midnight by Trevor Scott
A Night of Long Knives by Rebecca Cantrell

Switzerland

Heidi by Johanna Spyri
The Magic Mountain by Thomas Mann
Banner in the Sky by James Ramsey Ullman

Venice

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
The Comfort of Strangers by Ian McEwa
The Rossetti Letter by Christi Phillips
Salzburg/Austria

The Story of the Trapp Family Singers, written by Maria von TrappThe Painted Kiss by Elizabeth Hickey


Whew! And that's just a tiny tiny taste! Have you read any of these books? If so, which ones and did you love them or not?


2 comments:

  1. I really love The Thief Lord, and I spent my entire visit to Venice keeping an eye out for him. Have you read anything by Cornelia Funke? She is delightful (and the author of Thief Lord)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I've only read one, and that was Heidi back when I was a kid. Hoping you're having a blast right now, Suey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails