Thursday, January 2, 2014

Book Review: My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White

Book: My Own Mr. Darcy by Karey White
Genre: Romance
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
For: Fun (also Local Author!)
From: Amazon Prime Lending Library

I happened upon this one a few days before Christmas and on a whim hit the button to borrow it from Amazon and ended up reading it right away. I love it when that happens. Here's to spontaneous reading!

This is one of those stories about being obsessed with Pride and Prejudice, more specifically Mr. Darcy, and even more specifically in this case, Matthew Macfadyen's version of Mr. Darcy.


So our girl, who's name just happens to be Elizabeth, is holding out for her own Mr. Darcy. In the meantime, she is turning down perfectly good dates and boyfriend potentials. Her roommate is sick of this and so she challenges her to go on at least ten dates with the latest one before she dumps him for not being a Mr.Darcy.

The challenge is accepted and what do you know, but Lizzie starts to like this guy, Chad. However, then one day, a certain other guy walks into the bank where she works and guess what. He looks just like the above picture. Bam! Her own Mr. Darcy!

And thus begins the inner struggle. For us the readers, the choice is perfectly clear and you feel like taking this girl and shaking her and making her see clearly. But it takes her the whole book and few incidents to figure it all out on her own.

While there was nothing earth-shatteringly different about this P and P tie in, I did enjoy it for what it was and it kept me turning the pages for sure. It was perfect reading during the crazy Christmas days and I'm happy with my spontaneous clicking!

Bottom line: Sweet, fun romance with a P and P tie in, and not the Colin Firth kind. Oh and P.S. I wasn't a big fan of this version of P and P, but now, I'm really wanting to watch it again for fun and see what I think of MM on a second go around. :)

Other Reviews:

But let's just sum it up as a journey worth the taking with a BIG reminder that dreams and fantasies are nice, but if the reality doesn't stack up, those blinders will fall of one day soon, hopefully not leaving you high and dry. From Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers

If you love contemporary romance that is sweet and a little funny, you’ll enjoy reading My Own Mr. Darcy. From Leisure Reads

The characters were well done. Lizzie was fun and quirky. From I am a Reader Not a Writer

If you love Pride and Prejudice, if Matthew MacFadyen is your Mr. Darcy, then you want to check this book out. Now! From Midnight Book Girl

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like the main character would be very frustrating in this one! I love that you're reading books by local authors :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails