Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Book Shout Out: A Girl's Guide to Fitting in Fitness by Erin Whitehead and Jennipher Walters

Book: A Girl's Guide to Fitting in Fitness by Erin Whitehead and Jennipher Walters
Genre: NF
Rating:★★★★☆
For: Review
From: NetGalley

Somehow I ended up with this book on my Kindle to review. Not quite sure how it happened, it was one of those tricky things! But it looked fun and cute and I thought, why not.

However, I ended up just skimming it because this is a fitness book that truly is geared toward the teenage girl... which, as much as I feel like one still, I am not. Thus, this is not a "real" review, but a shout out for those interested in such a thing!

In my skimming, I could see it has a lot of fun information, mostly just the basics, perhaps maybe for a girl who hasn't thought much about fitness before, but now wants to make some goals and get healthy. It talks about fitting in the time for changing habits, even with a busy life of school and friends and all that goes along with being a teenager. There are suggestions for what to eat and workout ideas and all sorts of specific helps along with the general overview, which is something I really appreciate.

Other subjects included are: how to stay fit during the summer, or during the weekend, or when you are really busy at school. How to deal with stress. How to take fitness to the next level. And of course, how to eat well and exercise.

Scattered throughout are myth busters, which I really liked, and quotes from other teens and their experience.  Very cool.

I could tell that the "real" book would have an awesome look and layout, but that is something that didn't come through on an ereader, or at least the ARC version that I had. My suggestion would be to get the print book for this one, because much of the cool stuff and "teenager-y" feel of it will be lost on an ereader.

Bottom line: I think this would be an awesome gift for a young girl looking to get fit and healthy. It's geared specifically to her and she'll love it.






4 comments:

  1. a clever sort of post!

    been thinking about something like this for the daughter--and the myth-buster inclusions interest me a lot.

    (willing to take other recs of a similar sort as well)

    will keep an eye out for this one.

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might think about ordering this one through, deffo need to eat healthier since I have reached the point where thinking a pizza was technically healthy as it has tomatoes involved....
    http://thehouseofliterarymirrors.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I know how it can be to "accidentally" read a book that's not really for you! But at least you can see the value in the book for a teenage girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been saving this post in my reader forever! And then to find out that it's geared towards teenaged girls? What a bummer...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails