Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: Cayman Summer by Angela Morrison

Book: Cayman Summer by Angela Morrison
Genre: YA Romance
Rating:★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
For: Fun
From: ebook bought from Amazon

The second book I've read on the Kindle! :) I was excited to see this available so I could wrap up this series which began with Taken by Storm, a book I totally loved. This book concludes the story of Michael and Leesie who have had a crazy tumultuous relationship!

In this book Leesie is recovering from injuries sustained in a pretty bad car accident that happened at the end of the second book (Unbroken Connection.) She feels worthless and hopeless now and has asked Michael to take her away, which he does and so she basically runs away from all she has known, including her family. They end up on Grand Cayman, Michael's favorite place in the world,  where she proceeds to heal both physically and emotionally.

In the process, Michael discovers some things too and makes a few drastic changes of his own.

All in all, I like how the story ended, nice and sweet and happy. The first book, when the relationship of these two is in its beginning, is still my favorite. This book continues the pattern of the first two books, told in both character points of view.... Michael's dive log journal and Leesie's private poetry book.... with a few email conversations from them both scattered in between. I really enjoyed this unique narrative approach throughout the whole series. What a way to get into the heads of them both!

Bottom line: I enjoyed it!

Other Reviews:

For the Love of Books, Music and Movies
Rachelle's Writing Spot
Once Upon a Bookcase

2 comments:

  1. I agree - the first book in this series is the best. I think the series gets less edgy as it goes along and the ending is predictable, but I really couldn't see it ending any other way, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize this was out...I gave a fangirl squeel when I saw your review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails