Saturday, June 9, 2012

Buffy Watch Thoughts: Season One Ep. 3-5


We managed another little Buffy Watch get together again last night. I was sort of hoping to get through four episodes, but I was so tired by the end of the third one that I had to call it quits! Sorry fellow watchers! This time I watched with both Kailana (The Written World) and Ibeeeg (Polishing Mud Balls.) Very fun! Except when my computer hung up right in the middle of one episode! I guess I was putting it through too much too and it had to call it quits!

Anyway, I tried to jot down some thoughts as I watched, which are as follows:

S1 Ep 3: The Witch
I rather enjoyed this one! It reminded me of.... oh wait, if I say that it would give it away! I will hide it.... it remind me of  Freaky Friday! (drag over that blank space to see!)  Also, I just finished Anna Dressed in Blood and it reminded me of the spells and witches and things from that recent book. I was especially impressed with Giles this episode! I don't know, he just got his coolness on!

S1 Ep. 4: Teacher's Pet
Ugh, this one was gross and dumb! And after the last episode and this one, I'm wondering where are the vampires? Yucky, yucky teacher! And I don't like how this episode tries to say that being a virgin at age 16 is bad or shameful... you know? Makes me sorta mad actually.

S1 Ep. 5: Never Kill a Boy on the First Date
My first thought during this story was that Owen seems nice.... therefore... is he doomed? In the end.... well, I will say almost! Now, this one seemed like what I would think of as a "normal" Buffy show. Buffy trying to be all normal yet having to come to the rescue to save everyone from the vamps. Can I just say one more time... what WEIRD and UGLY vampires in this show! And still wimpy, yep!

But it was fun, and I look forward to more! When should we do it next week? Suggestions?



3 comments:

  1. All I can say is, I hope you can stick with it till it gets good. Just get past the first two seasons. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fourth episode was horrible! The 3rd and 5th were okay, I thought. I cannot get over how horrible the vampires look. They make me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you episode 4 was gross and dumb!!! Episode 6 is equally dumb. But, I've liked 7, 8, and 9 (although 9 was a bit hokey).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails