Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November Reading Recap


Well, my list of books read this month is so pathetic I may as well not even do this post.  I have no idea what the deal was this time around, I don't even have a big book to blame. So, for what it's worth, here's what I read during November:

The Death Cure by James Dashner: Wherein Thomas continues (and concludes) his maze/WICKED/Flare adventure and tries to figure out, once and for all, who are the good guys and who are the bad.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: A re-read for book club that reminded me how sweet Francie Nolan is and to enjoy again her beautiful simple life in New York in the early 1900's.

Tattoo by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: Four friends end up with temporary tattoos that give them temporary powers to fight against the three Fates (well one bad one at least) who have come to take over the world.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: A circus that operates only at night is filled with magic, mystery and intrigue and has a behind the scenes story that is equal parts romantic and deathly.

Well, at least I can say I read a book this month that will make to my year's end Top Ten list! Yay for The Night Circus. 

Oh, and P.S. , I didn't really like Tattoo and thus didn't even take the time to review it. This is just another example of how my book bloggin' buddy and IRL friend Jenny, and I, are so much different, while at the same time being so much the same. I love it. (See what she has to say about Tattoo here.)

Plans for December include:
  • finish The Path of Daggers
  • finish Inheritance
  • read Supernaturally (buddy read with my sister perhaps?)
  • read some easy books that don't take much concentration because, whoa, I'm having a really bad issue with focusing lately. I blame that on Christmas.
I also realized last night that even if I think I have an evening free to just read, it's not going to happen because there's too much kid homework to be helping with. These last three weeks before Christmas break are going to be insane and yeah, I might as well give up on accomplishing much reading in December too.

So much for 100 books this year!  Here's to trying again next year!

4 comments:

  1. I'm afraid my November recap isn't going to be very impressive either.
    :( At least you read on you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dropping off in the number read too. Life, it happens. And December is going to be a month FULL of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My reads for November were depressive, too. I am hoping December will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it may be time for me to re read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn too. I hope December proves to be a great month for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails