Thursday, October 6, 2011

Twitter Heaven!

So there I was, trying to sleep last night, laying (lying?) there with my eyes wide open staring at the ceiling, worrying about the characters in Under the Dome and how they'll ever get themselves out this mess, and thinking about all the things that need doing, but never seem to get done, when suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was 12:30 a.m. and I thought it would be my son texting to say something like "Oh mom? I think I have a concussion!" So I rolled over to face the news, but instead it was a twitter notification. This is what it said:


@SueySays Thanks Suey...It feels like a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...but I remember that family fondly. Thanks again!
Oct 06 via webFavoriteRetweetReply


YES! I got a twitter reply from Markus Zusak! I'm not surprised though, as he seems to reply to everyone that mentions him and says nice things. (This is in reply to my tweet about reviewing Underdogs yesterday, wherein I said I LOVED it.) But still, I imagined him sitting there in Australia, going through all his tweets, hitting a button on his computer and my phone buzzes on my nightstand half a world away. When I saw it I squealed, which woke my husband up, so then I had to explain how exciting this was! He mumbled a bit and rolled back over. (This morning he said, how do you know who's behind that keyboard? Hmmmm??? )

Questions I have this morning:
How did he know to quote my favorite movie of all time?
How did he know to call me Suey (and not SueySays, my silly and confusing Twitter name)?
Do you think he remembered signing four books to me six months ago at the beginning of a seven hour signing spree that came on the heels of a 32 hour travel experience? :)
Do you think he actually clicked over and read/looked at my review?
And finally, is it weird that this makes me so giddy when in fact I have met him in real life and have real paper signatures?

To the first two I say, simply luck. To second two I say, no I highly doubt it. To the last I say yes, but so what! :)

Still, it's made my day. Maybe even my week!


11 comments:

  1. I would be excited too! I think part of the reason Markus Zusak's books are so moving is because there is a deeply caring person writing them. I think he probably did click over to your review. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beyond awesome. He just seems like the nicest guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I love it when authors reply to tweets. And, I can understand why you're so happy about it since you LOVE him. :)

    By the way, laying is correct. It's the past tense of lie, which is what you wanted. :) Yeah, I'm a grammar nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fantastic!! very very happy for you!!

    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, if anything has ever come close to making me want to join twitter that would be it! I bet he read your review! How awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome, Suey. It'd make mine, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL: Deeply caring... yes I think so too... :)

    Melissa: Yes, I think he is!

    Jenni: I don't get many authors tweeting me, just a handful of the locals, so this is truly really cool. And thanks for clearing up the laying/lying thing. I can never remember that one!

    L: Awesome, huh!? :)

    Jenny: I don't know I highly doubt he read it. Maybe though, maybe.

    Angie: Yeah? It's the little things, right?

    Kailana: I know, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's cool! It's always nice when an author responds to fangirliness. :-) He's cool to have done so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twitter heaven, indeed! Very fun for you - very fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails