Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Sweet Stuff


The list prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish today is to think of scenes and moments that makes us go awwwww. I have lots of those, but of course, my mind's gone blank and I can't think of them all! But here's what I've come up with:

1. The moment when Jo and Laurie meet at the dance, and Jo is all worried about her dress and Laurie is all funny and they talk and they connect. I love that scene.

2. Okay, so this one I don't have time to run and look up to see if I'm getting it right, but this is how I remember it.... it's when Anne and Gilbert meet at the end of Anne of Green Gables, I think at a bridge perhaps? and he's all "I've loved you from the moment I meet you!" or something. Right? And then there's the kiss! I love it! Is that right? That's how I remember it anyway.

3. When Katniss connects with Ru, someone who is supposed to be her enemy. That is a sweet moment. And heartbreaking.

4. Okay, so did this happen in the book? I can't remember. You The Look that Darcy and Lizzy share across the room when Georgiana is playing the piano? I know it's a key moment in the movie, but I bet it's in the book too. I love that bit!

5. Then there's that three minute dance that Ed Kennedy shares with his best friend Audrey... that is a very big aw. He let's his guard down, she does the same and it's so perfect for those three minutes!

6. The puppies in The Story of Edgar Sawtelle are precious!

There's tons more if only I could get them to come to mind! So tell me which huge sweet moments am I forgetting!

4 comments:

  1. I know 2 is how it happened in the movie, but I'm not sure in the book since I've never read them. I love that moment too. It's my favorite of the movies!

    I also love Katniss and Rue's relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Katniss and Rue, and I think P&P is the ultimate awww book although I did read today that Mark Twain wanted to dig Jane Austen up and beat her with her thigh bone for writing it. LOL! Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 1, 2 and 3. Jo and Laurie were such a great pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap! I forgot about Jo and Laurie. And any time I see puppies I literally say, Awww!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails