Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Thanks for the Rec!


This week's list prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is to list books we are so very glad were recommended to us. The list could go on and on and on. These are just the first ten that came to mind.

Books I'm Glad Someone Recommended to Me

1. Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier..... recommended by Angie
2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss .... recommended by Ibeeeg
3. A Madness of Angels by Kate Griffin.... recommended by Jenny
4. Antsy Does Time by Neal Shusterman.... recommended by Melissa
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.... recommended by Books on the Nightstand
6. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski... recommended by Oprah
7. Paranormalcy by Keirsten White... recommended by my sisters.
8. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell... recommended by Florinda and Heather
9. Pieces of Sky by Kaki Warner... recommended by Susan
10. The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M. T. Anderson... recommended by John Green

What books have you loved that someone recommended to you? What books have you loved that you'd like to recommend to me? What books have you loved that I recommended to you?

9 comments:

  1. Hmm I've been curious about the Edgar Sawtelle book. Thanks for reminding me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the books I have loved have come straight from you, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. paranormalcy yaayy

    the book mystress, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? I was under the impression you WEREN'T glad I recommended that. Fun list, though. It's got me thinking about what books I'm glad were recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1,5, and 7 have been on other bloggers list. Happy Reading 2 u

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Hunger Games too--nice list today, thanks for the recommendations. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love The Hunger Games trilogy! Such a fantastic trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't even remember where I first heard about The Hunger Games. I just have to credit the blogosphere with that one. It was everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish: I really loved it!

    Bethany: Awesome!

    Book Mystress: Yay!

    Jenny: It was different, but I liked it and I'm all excited to read more, really. I am!

    Sidne: Yeah, I could have totally predicted The Hunger Games would be on a lot of lists.

    Kaye: Thanks! :)

    Jenni: Yes, what is the next great trilogy that will make everyone go crazy? Predictions?

    Nicole: I do remember listening to that podcast where they went crazy about The Hunger Games. That was truly the first place I heard about it, then after that, it was every where!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails